Creating blood in Illustrator is very simple.
For the base:
- Set your fill colour to: C 0/ M 100/ Y 60/ K 60 and transparency mode to multiply.
- Use the pencil tool (N) to draw a path with sguiggly pieces that look like they're dripping off. It's okay to be a little messy with this, it's an organic shape.
- Use the smooth tool to get rid of any sharp edges that you don't want. (option/alt while pencil is active)
- Set the fill colour to C 20 / M 70 / Y 100 / K 10 and the transparency mode to hard light.
- Use the pencil and/or pen tool to draw your highlights. Be conservative with these, you don't want it to be too shiny. You just need enough to add depth.
And this is what it looks like (click to enlarge):
I hope you enjoyed this tip! Please feel free to leave a comment.